The Virginia Department of Health wanted to communicate and increase awareness about the sensitive issue of growing suicide rates among first responders.
What We Did
- Jpixx presented VDH with three concepts; the notion of “Strength Requires Maintenance” was chosen for the project.
- The goal was to make the connection that individuals require their own types of preventative maintenance just as much as the life-saving equipment they use.
The Jpixx Factor
- We used actual first responders in our video to build more connection, realism, and interest around the video within the local community.
- Jpixx went above and beyond and developed a rain machine to visualize the metaphor that machinery works through the elements.
- The video was disseminated to thousands of first responders and their communities, which invited a broader discussion about stigmas on mental health. This provided a chance for first responders, their families, and their friends to build support systems that may have not existed otherwise.
- Jpixx received a Telly Award for the work done on this piece.